3 Posts , Viewing posts 1 to 3
Tesco Magazine – Sept 2015
Fern Britton - Just Add Mushrooms – Oct 2015
- Irish people consume more fresh mushrooms per capita than any other country in Western Europe.
- The Irish mushroom market employees more than 2,500 people with a retail value of the of €50 million. Recent Kantar data has shown a 1 percent increase in in annual retail mushroom sales to 13,700 tonnes.
- Kantar data has also shown a 7% increase in the number of shoppers in the 35-45 year age group – a key demographic to grow future sales.
- Just add Mushrooms” is a consumer campaign running in Ireland and the UK co-funded by the EU and the mushroom producers in both markets. Well know personalisites including 2fm DJ, Nicky Byrne, pop star Michelle Heaton and TV Presenter, Fern Britton have contributed to videos containing their favourite mushroom recipes.
- Lots of mushrooms recipes available on www.justaddmusrooms.ie
Dietician Paula Mee - Just Add Mushrooms – Oct 2015
Dietician Paula Mee joins forces with Irish producers to highlight nutritional benefits of mushrooms
- We are delighted to have the opportunity to work with Paula Mee to highlight to our consumers how nutritionally beneficial mushrooms are and the ways in which they can be incorporated into everyday meals.”
- Paula Mee, Consultant Dietician said “It is often said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and mushrooms make the perfect ingredient, as they are not only filling and flavoursome but extremely versatile. As well as being low in fat and calories, mushrooms also have a whole host of health benefits, with roughly four mushrooms (80g) counting as one of your 5 a day fruit and vegetable portions. Mushrooms are a natural source of folic acid and of vitamin B₅, which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue. A wonderful way to start the day!”